There is also legislation governing how you store your data, with The Data
Protection Act requiring that personal data “shall not be transferred to any
country outside the EU”. Therefore it is important that you ensure your cloud
backup provider does not host their servers outside of the EU so that you remain compliant with the Data Protection Act. Many of the larger cloud backup providers do host their servers elsewhere. See more about Cloud storage at: http://www.physiospot.com/sponsors/cloud-storage-is-your-data-safe/#sthash.v4I3AbVA.dpuf
Here at TM2, we offer two options for looking after your data:
1. You can host your software locally which means you look after your data yourself
2. TM2 Hosted service will look after your data.
As a result of the recent media attention on data security some of our TM2 Hosted customers have been asking us for some more information on how we protect their data. Here are the answers:
· TM2 are Data Protection Registered in the UK.
· We have a disaster recovery plan and TM2 Systems are monitored, audited and reviewed regularly by the company’s Information Assurance Forum.
· TM2 client data is stored in two secure, UK based, data centres.
· Our data centres are secured by a hardware firewall and are protected
against accident, attack, theft, fire, flood, environmental and other natural
· TM2 client databases are backed up hourly, client files are backed up twice daily.
So when you are deciding on how to store your patient details, make sure you think about whether your provider or you (if you are storing your own data) is storing your data safely and securely to keep you on the right side of the
Data Protection Act!